Monday, January 6, 2014

The end of one...and the beginning of another.

Happy New Year!!

I hope this finds you and yours well, staying warm, and recovering from the busy-ness of the holiday season.

Speaking of that season...it was great here...but so, so busy!  I'd like to share a few highlights with you:

I was blessed with so many wonderful gifts from my students!  I was (am) floored by their thoughtfulness and generosity:
Gorgeous flowers, beautiful necklace, and delicious cupcakes!
One of the families I teach asked me to accompany them to the Lorie Line Christmas concert!  It was such a festive and well-done show, and it was the perfect way to get in the holiday spirit and kick off the season!
They performed "The 12 Days of Christmas" and invited all the kiddos in the audience on stage to dress up in costumes and play the parts of each "item." It was pretty cute...and clever!  Calling birds = penguins with large phones, Lords a-leaping = frogs, etc.

My trombone student (and his family) invited me to the Canadian Brass Christmas concert!  I've played many arrangements by this famous brass quintet, and it was such a treat to see them perform live!  They were ultra-talented...and funny!  What a fun, informative, impressive show!

THEN, this really great guy I know took me to a Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert (and out to a fancy dinner afterward, no less!  Gotta love Lidia's).  What an amazing and entertaining show!  I would definitely recommend seeing the perform live if/when you get the chance.

Christmas was spent on the farm after a short trip to Topeka (and KC), then I welcomed the New Year in NE, KS, and OK.  Praise the Lord for winter breaks, flexible work schedules, my new car, and safe travels!  ☺

This week brings the start of the new semester...and the new year.  As I've told you before, I don't do resolutions.  I'm sure, however, that 2014 will be a year full of new adventures, growing relationships, and countless blessings.

♥,
Kensy

Favorites of the day:
quality time with loved ones
an extra day to recuperate after the break (today was a "cold" day (as opposed to snow day) - no school...or lessons!)
a free combo meal coupon from Don and Millie's due to putting my business card in the "free lunch" drawing!
playing Scrabble while watching "The Wedding Planner"

No comments:

Post a Comment